Provides a guide to creating the Wages and Conditions section of our company’s Employee Induction Manual ensuring compliance with the Fair Work Act and the National Employment Standards.
- Do we have written job titles, job descriptions, and wage ranges for each position in our company? Further, have we established that each employee is covered by the relevant Modern Award?
- Do we follow standardized norms for administering wages and conditions for our employees?
- Do we have regular job and employee assessments and wage increase reviews? This shall only apply where an Enterprise Agreement is the governing Industrial Instrument.
- Our HR department maintains records for all jobs in our company, including written job descriptions and wage ranges pursuant to the Industrial Instrument concerned.
- We follow approved schedules by job type for setting pay ranges to our employees consistent with the Modern Award or an existing Enterprise Agreement.
- Each employee is subject to an annual performance review and appropriate wage increases where such is prescribed by an Enterprise Agreement. Annual performance reviews are a necessary exercise in any regard given the Enterprises need to measure its productivity and Quality outcomes.